Thursday, April 15, 2010

BJD movie and book

I noticed that the main characters and only a few major plot points made it into the movie. The mother and Bridget didn't seem as neurotic in the movie as they did in the book. Much was changed with Bridget's relationships with Daniel and Mark. Mark never confronted Daniel. Bridget didn't seem to be with Daniel for as long in the movie as she was in the book. On a side note I found something very interesting and kind of funny with the book and movie. The book mentions both Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, the actors who played Daniel and Mark. The book talked about how Colin Firth was Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice. I wonder if they purposefully casted him as Mark Darcy?

2 comments:

  1. I know Helen Fielding was imagining Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy when she created Mark Darcy, so I think they tried to get him for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a funny fact, Her relationship with Daniel was quiet opposite as in the book. For example he never came when she was having a "girls night" and brought her coffee. I think in the book Daniel was more of a boyfriend while in the movie it seemed as though they were only sleeping together.

    ReplyDelete