Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm a Barbie girl!

As a kid I loved playing with Barbies. I had many different ones, not just the bleached blond Barbie. I liked how the author mentioned the other Barbies and also her friends. She mentioned in "Hippie Barbie" Midge and her boyfriend Alan who looked like a dark haired Ken. I remember going to my cousin's house and playing with Midge and Alan. That poem brought back fond memories. The most intriguing poem for me was "Antichrist Barbie". It was kind of creepy but the poem is very true. It mentions how Barbie "could turn her head all the way around like Linda Blair in The Exorcist." The poem also mentions how little girls would do what ever Barbie asks. I could actually believe this would happen and probably has.

2 comments:

  1. I was definitely a Barbie girl too lol. That is partly why I liked this book and partly why it was hard to indentify with at times because I loved Barbie and when I was little I never would have imagined barbie doing or saying some of things from the book. Overall kinky was pretty entertaining though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed playing with Barbies at a young age. My cousin and I would make my whole room our Barbie world and we'd have soap operas for our barbies it was hiliarious. I also enjoyed the authours use of different barbies as well, its like she didn't give just one representation of what Barbie is..I liked that.

    ReplyDelete